Website Lewis & Associates
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Registered Patent Associate Attorney to work with the Intellectual Property Department of a top law firm. This position will be based in the Atlanta office; however, this associate will also routinely work with IP lawyers in other firm offices.
Ideal candidates will have between 3 and 4 years previous experience in patent preparation and prosecution in a law firm or technology company, with a background in biotechnology, chemistry, or physics. Experience in electrical engineering and computer sciences a plus. Candidates with advanced degrees are essential. Must be bilingual in English and Chinese.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, and an ability to learn new substantive legal topics as needed are required.
- Knowledge of patent preparation and prosecution.
- Significant case management experience.
Candidates for Associate positions must be able to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys.
Associates are routinely required to:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis in pleadings, memoranda, and other written documents;
- Draft pleadings and other case documents;
- Attend hearings and other case-related events;
- Manage matters from commencement to final resolution;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys; and
- Complete tasks efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associate, and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Familiarity with and ability to prepare basic patent-related documents and pleadings;
- Familiarity with applicable procedural rules and practices;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Exceptional case management skills;
- Strong negotiating skills.
Juris Doctor. Patent bar registration. Bilingual (Chinese and English). Technical background. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in Georgia.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com